Who We Are
Lutheran Services in America – Ohio (LSA Ohio) is made up of LSA member organizations in Ohio, the Ohio judicatories of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), and The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). LSA Ohio is committed to advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ through services of hope and healing.
LSA Ohio member organizations work in response to community need and God's call to serve. Together with congregations, synods and districts, we express God's healing presence in the world by leveraging limited resources to help people experience healing and wholeness. Our services include:
- Adoption and foster care
- Chaplaincy and pastoral counseling
- Credit counseling and family life education
- Emergency assistance
- Housing and services for persons affected by developmental and physical disabilities
- Housing and services for older adults
- Shelters and services for people without homes
- Working with persons involved in the criminal justice system
- Youth preventative education and treatment
For more specific program information, please visit LSA Ohio member websites.
Filling Memorial Homme of Mercy, Inc.
Graceworks Lutheran Services
Luther Home of Mercy
Lutheran Family Services
Lutheran Home at Concord Reserve
Lutheran Homes Society, Inc.
Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio
Lutheran Social Services of Northwestern Ohio, Inc.
Lutheran Urban Community Ministry
Oesterlen Services for Youth, Inc.
Opportunity Parish Ecumenical Neighborhood Ministry
Pastoral Counseling Service of Summit County
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Retirement Serviceds, Inc.
St. Luke Lutheran Community
The Urban Mission Ministries, Inc.
Willis (Bill) Serr, Chair
Alesia Frerichs, LSA liaison