Safety Harbor Resort & Spa
105 N Bayshore Drive
Safety Harbor, FL 34695
Agenda | Speakers | Registration | Travel | Look Who's Coming | Testimonials | Resources
The conference and hotel reservations for the 2015 Lutheran Leadership Summit will take place at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa in Safety Harbor, FL.
At the top of Old Tampa Bay lies the City of Safety Harbor, a secret little hideaway, neighbored by the major cities of Clearwater and Tampa. This quaint community of 17,000 people boasts a famous resort, distinctive shops, award winning restaurants & pubs and plenty of family fun. There is certainly something for everyone, from beautiful parks laden with historical significance and nature's artwork, to cultural venues for the cosmopolitan visitor.
Downtown Safety Harbor sets the mood for the community. From the palm-lined thoroughfare to the canopied sidewalks and brick lined streets, "Main Street" offers you the opportunity to succumb to your curiosity while perusing through captivating shops, sampling new cuisine and rediscovering a love of art displayed in one of the area's finest galleries on Main Street. Begin your exploration with a visit to the Chamber of Commerce. Located at 200 Main Street, this original bank building housed the first Town Hall when Safety Harbor was incorporated in 1917.
"Where Healing Waters Flow" – Espiritu Santo
Safety Harbor is the home of the historic Espiritu Santo Springs, or "Springs of the Holy Spirit", a natural mineral spring. Its waters were given this name in 1539 by the Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto, who was supposedly searching for the mythical "Fountain of Youth". Prior to the Spanish exploration of Florida, the Tocobaga and Timuquan tribes are believed to have fished and bathed in the spring's waters.
In the twentieth century, Espiritu Santo water was bottled and sold commercially, and later a health spa and hotel were built over the springs. The Safety Harbor Resort and Spa, as it is now known, continues to be a prominent visitor attraction in Pinellas County. In 1964, the site was designated a Historical Landmark by the U.S. Department of the Interior and, in 1997, a Florida Heritage Landmark.
Local Recreation and Attractions
- Safety Harbor Museum and Cultural Center
- Philippe Park
- Downtown Safety Harbor
- Safety Harbor Marina & Pier
- Bowling Ball House
- Safety Harbor Farmer's Market
- Gulf of Mexico Beaches
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- Ruth Eckerd Hall Performing Arts Center
- The Dali Museum
- Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Lowry Park Zoo
- Florida International Museum
- Busch Gardens
- Downtown Safety Harbor
- St. Petersburg Museum of History
- Ybor City
To learn more about the Safety Harbor area, click here.
The Safety Harbor Resort and Spa is now sold out for the duration of the Lutheran Leadership Summit from February 22-25, 2015. If you still need hotel accommodations, please contact the Fairfield Inn and Suites Clearwater to reserve your room. Booking information is below:
Fairfield Inn and Suites
Approximately 3 miles, or 8 minutes, from the Summit headquarters. Click here for directions >>
Standard Double Queen room: $96.00 per night
Standard King room: $106 per night
Executive Suite room: $116 per night
To reserve your room at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Clearwater please call: (727) 953-0042, speak with Sheryl Rodgers or Mark Lurch and identify yourself as participating in the LSA Lutheran Leadership Summit.
- Newly renovated hotel accommodations
- Complimentary daily hot breakfast
- Complimentary in-room internet access
- Complimentary on-site parking
For more information about the Fairfield Inn and Suites Clearwater, click here.
Guests are responsible for paying for their own accommodations. Deposits are refunded or credited only if notice to the Fairfield Inn and Suites Clearwater is received 24 hours prior to arrival date. A cancellation number must be obtained by the guest.
Safety Harbor Resort and Spa is easily accessible via two international airports, Tampa International Airport and St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport. Be sure to use the exclusive LSA discount code for 10% off if you are traveling with SuperShuttle - code: 99YMR.
- Distance: 15 miles; approximately 20 minutes
- Discount SuperShuttle service: $25 one-way or $45 round-trip when you book your reservation via the following URL: http://groups.supershuttle.com/lutheranservicesinamerica.html
- Taxi: http://www.tampaairport.com/ground_transportation/taxi_services.asp
- Rental Car: http://www.tampaairport.com/ground_transportation/rental_car_services.asp
- Distance: 8 miles; approximately 15 minutes
- Exclusive SuperShuttle Service: approx. $72.00
- Taxi: http://www.fly2pie.com/ground-transportation/taxis-shuttles
- Rental Car: http://www.fly2pie.com/ground-transportation/rental-car
The Jolley Trolley
On Friday through Sunday, a trolley runs from Dunedin City Hall at the top of every hour, stops at Countryside Mall and then The Safety Harbor Resort & Spa at 28 minutes after every hour!
The Trolley Hours of Operation:
- 6pm to midnight on Fridays
- 11am to midnight on Saturdays
- Noon to 6pm on Sundays
- Day Pass Pricing - $4.50 (regular) and $2.25 (Discount; 65 yrs and older, students, disabled)
The Jolley Trolley Stops Are:
- Dunedin City Hall
- 580 Eastbound of Summerdale light (Countryside Mall)
- Main Street and 7th Avenue
- Safety Harbor Resort & Spa
Day passes can be purchased at the Safety Harbor Chamber of Commerce, or with exact change at the trolley.
To learn more, download Safety Harbor Trolley Brochure.