Position: Director of Development
Organization: Oesterlen Services For Youth, Inc.
Location: Springfield, OH
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director
Oesterlen Services For Youth, Inc., located in Springfield, Ohio, is a comprehensive multi-program social services agency. Since its founding in 1903, Oesterlen’s single objective has been to serve children and their loved ones. Our full range of services includes residential mental health treatment, foster care, outpatient counseling, in-home programs, and in-school programs.
Oesterlen is searching for a Director of Development to manage all fundraising activity and supervise staff in communications and church relations.
The Director of Development will work in partnership with the Executive Director, Senior Staff, and External Consultants on:
- A detailed fundraising and communications plan for the organization’s annual and deferred giving plans. Utilizing a “moves management system”, including major gifts, direct mail, and events to build direct, personal relationships with churches, donors, volunteers, and the community to advance the mission of the organization while ensuring the organization meets the agreed milestones and goals.
- The consultant-developed plan to prepare for an upcoming statewide capital campaign projected to start in 2019.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, manage the design and execution of the external communications strategy, including newsletters, website, direct mail, and other means of communication.
- Arrange public speaking opportunities for themselves and other leadership.
- While Springfield based, some local and long-distance travel is required. This is estimated at 50% travel.
- Supervise a fundraising and communications team of three additional members with varying responsibilities.
- Proven ability to raise funds for a faith-based, non-profit organization
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly and with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Ability to design and grow an annual fund campaign in a complex and growing organization
- Strong written, verbal, and graphical communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision- making capability
- Emotional and Spiritual maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer / client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- This position is intended to be Full-time.
- Appropriate salary is negotiable.
- This position offers a generous benefits package with Medical, Short-term and Long-term Disability, and PTO starting at 35 Days per year.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Proven experience in nonprofit fundraising with documented results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and donor database operations
- 3-5 years of work experience in a donor-facing fundraising capacity; CFRE preferred
Oesterlen is partnering with Evan Moilan of Gronlund Sayther Brunkow to perform this search. Applicants may direct questions or send resumes and supporting documentation for consideration to email@example.com.