Lutheran Services in America
Thursday, July 13, 2017
Marketing & Communications Internship
Lutheran Services in America
Lutheran Services in America is the national network of Lutheran social ministry organizations—connecting over 300 health and human services nonprofit service providers located throughout the country. With over $21 billion in annual revenue, Lutheran Services in America is one of the largest nonprofit organizations in the United States. Together the network lifts up the nation’s most vulnerable populations from children to seniors—making a difference in the lives of one in 50 Americans every year.
Lutheran Services in America seeks an intern to support the marketing and communications team. The successful candidate will assist the organization’s efforts to promote its brand through social media and aid in event management.
A summary of responsibilities include:
Internal and External Communications
- Develop a variety of communications for various electronic and traditional channels such as website content, social media posts, email campaigns, etc.
- Support social media marketing strategy
- Manage various Lutheran Services in America website updates
- Create graphics for social media channels
- Assist with planning of Lutheran Services in America events, including logistics, event preparation and planning
- Coordinate inventory management and event shipments/tracking
- Support creating and managing registration websites and reporting
- Assist with sending out event dashboard
Research and Reporting
- Update social media analytics for marketing campaigns
- Produce reports on web, email and social media traffic
Specific qualifications include:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of basic social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite)
- Strong research and analysis abilities
- Ability to multi-task; great project management skills
- Highly organized
- Familiarity with email marketing tools (MailChimp)
- Experience with graphic design programs
- Highly detailed-oriented
- Eagerness to learn event planning and event marketing
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and résumé to Lutheran Services in America Marketing Manager, Jasmine Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship will require a minimum of 20 hours per week. It will begin in early September and last through the duration of the fall semester, with the option to renew for the spring semester.
Work Location and Environment
The Lutheran Services in America national office is located in the United Methodist building on the U.S. Capitol grounds—directly next to the Supreme Court and across the street from the Capitol. The office is located within a few blocks of two Metro stops (Capitol South and Union Station).
Intern will report to the Marketing Manager.