Lutheran Services in America Disability Network
Become a member today and receive:
- Advocacy updates , toolkits, factsheets and other material on national advocacy efforts to strengthen Medicaid home and community-based services, affordable housing, health care reform and federal support for Medicaid funding
- Information exchange at the national level with Congress and the Administration about policy issues, writing letters and meeting with officials to explain our positions
- Access to key decision makers , including members of Congress, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and other administration officials from the Administration on Developmental Disabilities (ADD), Health and Human Services' Office on Disability, and the Offices of Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Involvement in national coalitions including the Consortium of Citizens with Disabilities and the Interfaith Disability Advocacy Coalition
**These are a few of the many benefits you receive as a member of LSA Disability Network.
There are three levels of membership; full, associate and individual.
Full membership: Open to any Lutheran organization that provides supports and services for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Annual financial investment is $1,000 - $30,000 based on size of Disability Services budget.
- Full participation in all LSA Disability Network meetings and activities.
- Allows vote/voice in decisions regarding LSA Disability Network policy
- Allows vote/voice in LSA Disability Network Public Policy Advocacy direction
- Access to LSA Disability Network special project team results
- Receives LSA Disability Network assistance in establishing/participating in grassroots advocacy efforts
Associate: Open to any nonprofit faith based organization providing services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Annual financial investment is $750.
- Access to information disseminated by LSA Disability Network Policy and Advocacy Team
- Participation in LSA Disability Network Open Forum meeting at the LSA Annual meeting - particularly as presentations by CMS, HHS, HUD and DOJ are made
- Participation in LSA Disability Network Public Policy conference calls
Individual: Any individual who is Lutheran and working in the Intellectual and developmental Disabilities field. Annual financial investment is $50.
- The same benefits as Associate membership, but priced for an individual.
Since 1997, Lutheran Services in America (LSA) Disability Network has worked to preserve and strengthen Medicaid for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through policy, advocacy and practice. LSA Disability Network is an association of Lutheran social ministry organizations across the country serving the needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The driving force that brings us together is our mission to provide a ministry of support that is responsive to people's needs.
LSA Disability Network is a network associated with Lutheran Services in America (LSA). LSA is an alliance of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, and their more than 300 affiliated and recognized social ministry organizations. Together, the social ministry organizations of LSA serve more than 6 million people each year, one out of every 50 in the United States and the Caribbean, and have collective budgets of $18 billion.