2018 LSA Disability Network Winter Meeting
January 31 - February 2, 2018
Safety Harbor Resort and Spa
Safety Harbor, FL
Taking a break from the Medicaid intense policy battles of the past year, the DN 2018 Winter meeting is focused on innovating services and solving complex problems. We will be joined by subject matter experts for large group presentations and Q&A on Thursday morning followed by small group roundtables in the afternoon to dive deeper with the speakers. Speakers include:
- Services for Transitioning Youth and Adults with Autism - Fraser
- LSSMN's Specialized Community Supports
- How implement customized employment in very different locations across the U.S. - Beth Keeton, Griffin Hammis
- When state laws conflict with federal, medical marijuana in group homes - Kevin Riach, Fredrickson & Bryon
*New this year! On Wednesday afternoon from 3pm - 5pm, Lutheran Services in Iowa is hosting a Culture Round Table & Staff Engagement – bring best practices, new initiatives, strategies, etc. This is to update on our 2015 Winter meeting. What have people implemented? What do you measure? How do you score? Make sure to register for this in addition to the DN meeting. Contact Bill Kallestad at email@example.com with questions.
The meeting will take place at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. The picturesque community of Safety Harbor boasts a famous resort, distinctive shops and award winning restaurants. From scenic parks to cultural venues—this quaint community offers many charms to visitors.
All travel information may be found here: https://goo.gl/oJX6sL
Room Rates & Reservations
- Standard Room Single or Double Occupancy: $144.00 per night
- Additional person(s): $10.00 per night
- Check-in: 4:00pm
- Check-out: 11:00am
To reserve your room at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa please call (888) 237-8772 during the hours of 7AM-6PM (make sure you ask for in-house reservations) by January 5, 2018. For after hours reservations please call (855) 351-9362.
Special room rates will be guaranteed until January 5, 2018 or until the group block is sold out, whichever comes first.