On March 21, Lutheran Services in America will offer an informational webinar on Connect-Home, an evidence-based transitional care model that empowers patients and their caregivers to manage patients’ serious illness at home, improve function, and prevent avoidable re-hospitalizations. The webinar will run from 3:00pm to 3:30pm Eastern time, noon to 12:30pm Pacific. Our presenter will be LSA partner Dr. Mark Toles, a gerontologist at the University of North Carolina School of Nursing who developed and leads Connect-Home.
For more information: Connect-Home Brief.
To register: Click Here.
- Targeting High-Need Beneficiaries in Medicare Advantage: Opportunities to Address Medical and Social Needs
- 'Alexa, Do I Have Heart Disease?': Top Hospitals, from Mayo to Northwell, Envision a Bold New Future for Voice Assistants
- Nursing Homes Are Closing Across Rural America, Scattering Residents
- It Takes a Village, and the Right Health Plan, to Age Independently
- Chronic Conditions Account for $8.3B in Avoidable ED Visits
- Medical Schools are Launching Senior Mentoring Programs to Fight Ageism
Did You Know?
The purpose of this digest is to provide current news and resources to Lutheran Senior Services organizations. The Catalyst is disseminated periodically when relevant reports, educational opportunities, policy updates and other announcements become available. To add colleagues to the distribution list or to unsubscribe from the Catalyst, send an email to email@example.com.