URGENT: Face Shields Available
FEMA is making face shields available in bulk to Lutheran Services in America members through Lutheran Disaster Response/ELCA. Orders need to be made by COB tomorrow, June 23rd.
Only large quantities are available and the supplies are packaged with 200 Face Shields per carton and 48 cartons per pallet (9,600 pieces per pallet). ONLY FULL CARTONS WILL BE SHIPPED and will be shipped directly to your organization. A description of the face shields and the link to order them are here.
New Webinar Series: Strength & Service
It’s a time of great uncertainty as we navigate how the world is evolving. Now more than ever, we need to be in the know on new and evolving practices and to collaborate with trusted colleagues who share our mission in a non-competitive environment.
This month we are launching our Strength and Service Series, an ongoing virtual gathering of the best minds in our space, laser-focused on examining and tackling the uncertainties and unintended consequences in today’s climate—all with the objective of moving your organization forward.
Our first Strength and Service Series convening will take place on June 25th from 11 am-12 pm EDT on Liability Market and Insurance Trends: How to Prepare for Your Renewal by Johnson Kendall Johnson. Register here.
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Exacerbating Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Long-Term Services and Supports
- No symptoms in 37% of COVID-19 nursing home patients, research finds
- As coronavirus restrictions loosen, congregations grapple with including older adults
- Compartmentalization in post COVID design of older adult communities
- Cognitive decline precedes physical decline in older adults
- New "Paycheck Protection Program EZ Loan Forgiveness Application" from SBA- Read here. If you still need to apply for PPP loan, latest version of application is here and full info on SBA website here
- The National Center on Advancing Person-Centered Practices and Systems COVID-19 Resources
- Serving Diverse Elders: Strategies for Meaningful Inclusion in Service Planning and Delivery
- Op-Ed by Seema Verma: It's time to get back to non-COVID health care
- CMS-10525: Comments on PACE quality data monitoring and reporting due August 17th
- National Training Program: Understanding Medicare Part 1June 23 1:00-3:00pmET
- National Training Program: Understanding Medicare Part 2June 24 1:00-3:00pmET
- LSA Strength & Service Series: Liability Market and Insurance Trends: How to Prepare for Your Renewal by Johnson Kendall Johnson June 25th 11:00am-12:00pmET
- Prior to COVID-19, the commercial insurance landscape for providers was experiencing significant market disruption due to rate increases, involuntary self-insurance and heightened underwriting scrutiny. Today, the novel coronavirus introduces a whole new set of issues and concerns that insurance companies and their insureds must weather (all while continuing to provide the best level of service possible). This webinar, presented by LSA Business Partner, Johnson Kendall Johnson, will cover the current state of the P&C insurance market, updates on how COVID-19 has affected the insurance industry along with recommendations and best practices to stay ahead and be prepared for your next insurance renewal.
- Hoarding Treatment: Options and Outcomes for Older Adults June 25 1:00-2:00pmET
- Future of Aging in a New World Order: Perspectives on the Longevity Economy Outlook June 30 1:00-2:00pmET
- Long-Term Care Discussion Group: Policy Lens- COVID-19 & Nursing Homes June 25 3:00 – 4:00pmET
- Caring for Older Adults with Complex Needs in the COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons from PACE Innovations June 30 2:00-3:30pmET
The purpose of this digest is to provide current news and resources to Lutheran Senior Services organizations. The Catalyst is disseminated every other week and includes relevant reports, educational opportunities, policy updates and other announcements. To add colleagues to the distribution list or to unsubscribe from the Catalyst, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.