The Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives at the Department of Health and Human Services developed the following resource. Though this resource is meant for faith leaders, it may be helpful to your organization, and for chaplains, in particular. This resource provides information on prevention and preparedness, as well as responses to frequently asked questions about COVID-19 in the context of faith communities.
- Coronavirus and the Church
- Coronavirus Resources from ELCA: https://elca.org/publichealth
- Coronavirus Resources from LCMS:https://blogs.lcms.org/2020/resource-helps-congregations-plan-for-widespread-illnesses/
- Click here for this week's devotion.
The purpose of this site is to assist ministry leaders and churches as they prepare for and respond to the effects of the Coronavirus in their communities.
The PEACE Plan Approach to Coronavirus
The PEACE Plan is partnering with Coronavirus and the Church to equip ministry leaders in preparation for the effects of Coronavirus in their communities. Please visit coronavirusandthechurch.com for additional resources.
- Browse Resources (Includes links to webinars, sermons, and other resources, including Mental Health Webinar: Overcoming Anxiety in Stressful Times)
Primary COVID Resources
- For updates on the Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) dedicated website. Also available in Spanish. www.CDC.gov/Coronavirus/2019-ncov
- For local information and for recommendations on community actions designed to limit exposure to COVID-19, check with your state and local public health authorities https://go.usa.gov/xdFg4
Resources for Family Caregivers
- Family Caregivers Alliance resources: https://www.caregiver.org/coronavirus-covid-19-resources-and-articles-family-caregivers
- AARP resource: Practical Guide for Caregivers Concerned about Coronavirus
- Paid Leave and Unemployment Insurance Responses to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Scenarios and Benefit Implications
- COVID-19: Coronavirus Response Act and Employee Benefits
- Resource developed by Graceworks Lutheran Services to care for their employees' holistic needs
To join the Mission Leaders Network or for more information, contact Caitlyn Gudmundsen, Lutheran Services in America’s Senior Manager of Program Development and Outreach, at 202-601-4366.