The purpose of this site is to assist ministry leaders within the Lutheran Services in America network as they continue to respond to the impacts of COVID-19 in their communities.
Resources from the Lutheran Services in America Network
- Race Equity Resource page here
- June 2020 Mission Leaders Covening - Highlight video
- Coronavirus Resources from ELCA: https://elca.org/publichealth
- Coronavirus Resources from LCMS: https://blogs.lcms.org/2020/resource-helps-congregations-plan-for-widespread-illnesses/
- Click here for 2020 archived weekly devotions.
- Surgeon General Jerome Adams' Christianity Today article with advice for faith communities
- HHS Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives released the resource, Compassion in Action: A Guide for Faith Communities Serving People Experiencing Mental Illness and their Caregivers, which outlines recommended first steps to address mental illness for those in their congregation and community.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released Guidance for Communities of Faith
- Coronavirus and the Church
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) resource page for Community and Faith-Based Organizations. Includes considerations related to re-opening, ongoing mitigation, cleaning and disinfections, and information for administration or leaders.
- The Disparities Solutions Center: COVID-19 Resources in Multiple Languages
- View the "Mental Health in the Time of COVID-19" recorded webinar series from the HHS Partnership Center
- Faith- and Community-based COVID-19 FAQs from the Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives at the Department of Health and Human Services
- The PEACE Plan is partnering with Coronavirus and the Church to equip ministry leaders in preparation for the effects of Coronavirus in their communities.
- Twitter: #COVID19Church - Join the conversation
Primary COVID Resources
- For updates on the Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) dedicated website. Also available in Spanish. www.CDC.gov/Coronavirus/2019-ncov
- For local information and for recommendations on community actions designed to limit exposure to COVID-19, check with your state and local public health authorities https://go.usa.gov/xdFg4
Resources for Family Caregivers
- Family Caregivers Alliance resources: https://www.caregiver.org/coronavirus-covid-19-resources-and-articles-family-caregivers
- AARP resource: Practical Guide for Caregivers Concerned about Coronavirus
- Paid Leave and Unemployment Insurance Responses to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Scenarios and Benefit Implications
- COVID-19: Coronavirus Response Act and Employee Benefits
- Resource developed by Graceworks Lutheran Services to care for their employees' holistic needs
To join the Mission Leaders Network or for more information, contact Caitlyn Gudmundsen, Lutheran Services in America’s Senior Manager of Program Development and Outreach, at 202-601-4366.